11.27.2011

Baby Names

Every day more names come to us and every time we mention names we're thinking about someone has something they don't like about it. So our name list is a moving target. We finally got name books to help us in our quest. One I'm really liking:

Simple names that aren't that are not common.

I looked up the Social Security Administration names and Alexander is the 5th most popular for this year, sorry Alex the name has now been removed from our list.

Keep in mind the middle name is Allyn and the last name is Marcelynas. So we're looking for something that goes with _____ Allyn Marcelynas.

Here's our front runner list...

Desmond- Andy's front runner
Charlie
Beckett
Cutter
Seamus
Dexter
Felix
Axel

Brady
Rex
Rhett

Here's other names that have been tossed around

Duke
Vito
Oliver
Josh
Jesse
Troy
Ty
Alex
Paxton
Porter
Russell
Cooper
Brad
Carter
Dre
Blake
Dante

How the heck do you pick just one?

Any thoughts?

7 comments:

Anna said...

I like Beckett or Brady...

genevieve said...

I like Beckett and Cooper! And Blake too.

:)

Lesley Bea said...

I like Beckett. Rhett, I LOVE, it's on my list. Axel and Rex are cool but too white trash. Charlie is played out. Cutter is going to grow up and be one. Seamus sounds like a venereal disease. Felix is too weak. Cooper is Sydney's brother's name and he grew up answering to "Cooper the Pooper Scooper". Brady is cute. Desmond is girly. Dexter is tight except the show, so you are basically dooming him to grow up and be a serial killer. Blake? You are joking, right? Calling veto power on that one. Porter is cool, and a good beer. Vito is pretty bad ass. Oliver is safe but also the name of a cat. I actually kinda dig Dante. I don't like the rest. I totally vote Vito. I want to say that I have a nephew named Vito. He's in the mob. He's two.

Lesley Bea said...

P.S. I sent Kevin the link and he is going to be pissed his name isn't in the running. So watch your back.

Mom said...

What happened to Cole? And how about a family name like Nick? Other thoughts:
Jason (initials JAM), Blue, Marlon, Theo, hmmm. Maybe we will get suggestions at the shower.

Mom said...

also don't forget the Greek and Roman gods:
Mercury, Hermes, Apollo, Ares, Mars, Zeus, Jupiter, Neptune, Poseidon...
There's got to be something there.

genevieve & zach said...

Zach says what about Zachary?? Zachary Allyn Marcelynas. Has a nice ring to it he thinks. Now go to the back porch and yell it "ZACHARY ALLYN MARCELYNAS GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE!" it's got some power behind it. And he says you can call him ZAM, built in super hero name.