1.09.2008

Gym Time

So I've been back at the gym for 3 days in a row now. I split my workouts by doing cardio (elliptical or treadmill) for 35-40min every day, and weights alternating upper and lower body each day, abs everyday.

So far this week I did upper body on monday and lower body on tuesday.

Today I can not lift my arms above my head, so I decided to forgo lifting today and just do cardio and a good abs workout (which I'm thinking I will continue doing on wednesdays).

So far this week I have been feeling very out of shape. I can't lift as much as I used to (although I'm not super far behind), but I can't do as many reps or as large a variety of workouts.

But today was different. I rocked the treadmill, then pushed my abs till just doing sit ups made me sweat!


And it felt awesome!


Even though I haven't lost any weight (since yesterday I have gained .4lbs), and my pants aren't fitting better, I felt the muscle in my stomach! And that is pure motivation to keep going.

Because last summer my abs looked like this:
Looking back I wish that I would have appreciated all the work that went into looking like that, and realize how good I really looked.


Now I promise to reward myself more, because it is a lot of work, and it seems never ending, like we could always be in better shape, stronger, faster, slimmer, but we need to be nice to ourselves and congratulate ourselves on all the hard work. Especially because it take A LOT of work. And the dedication it takes to stick with it is huge!


So back to the gym I go, with new goals, new workouts, and a new appreciation for how I can (and have looked), and how hard it is to get there.


I promise to congratulate myself more along the way, so maybe this time I wont fall off the track!
-K

No comments: