11.14.2009

December Scrapbook Part I

I'm putting together a seperate scrapbook to document just December. I got the idea from here. I know it's not going to be as good as wonderful as Ali's, but it's my creation, and my first year trying this project, and I'm really excited to get the basics out of the way now, so I can just add details as the days go by. I chose to use bright modern colors. It turned out pretty cool. The idea is to put together a scrapbook ahead of time that you can just fill in with photos and journaling as the days go by. There are so many holiday products that you usually can only use for two days, now I can use them all month!

I'll still probably scrap some holiday pages for my scrapbook, but I thought this project would be a fun way to keep track of the month since we have a lot planned, and get me to scrap more than I would normally. There are lots of things going on in December that I don't want to forget.

Here are the first couple of days

The cover, I like to have the whole month spelled out. It helped me determine which days would need less space (like weekdays) and which would need more.



I have a ton of Christmas paper from last year that I used on this project. The wrapped box is actually a gift tag from last year that I've kept this whole time.

Day 1: The book is 12 x 6.25 (it was supposed to be 6" but the hole puncher changed the fate of the book). The clear pages are 11 x 6.25, they are baseball card holder pages, and I cut off the last column. They should be fun to slide photos directly in, and define the size of my journaling.

Day 2:

Day 3 is a week day, and we don't have anything planned, so I figured there wouldn't be much going on, so I kept it small by just using one side of the page.


Day 4 is just a clear holder, but with countless options!

Day 5 is a file folder. Thought it would be cool to have the tab sticking out, which says "Eat, Drink and be Merry"
Day 6 the back side of the file folder tab says "You're just what I wanted"
Day 7 is also a file folder the tab says "Naughty or Nice"
Day 8 is very blank because we're going to the Christmas Carol, and I want to use to cover for the background.I'll post the rest of the pages over the next couple of days.

No comments: