I signed up for this weekly email that tells you what your kid is supposed to be doing and learning this week. This week (which began last Thursday) Rex is just supposed to be pushing back on you to stand. Rex started standing about a month ago. It's all he wants to do. I have a feeling that he's going to be walking first, and will not be a crawler. He's good on his tummy, holds his head up really high, but really standing is his strong point.
It also said this week that he's supposed to start making letter sounds "B" "M". He hasn't started doing that yet though. Still making his baby gurgle noises. Loves to chat with you if you engage him, but no letter sounds yet. Waiting for those to come. In the meantime I keep chatting with him.
He's also started reaching for things now, which started last week. He'll reach out and touch something and swat at it, but doesn't really hold on to it. He is a gripper though, holds onto blankets, or other soft toys. I finally caved in and bout that silly Giraffe toy that is the rage right now. Gets here in a couple of days. We'll see how he likes it. Hoping he does since it's expensive for a toy!

1 comment:
This is such a cute pic
Post a Comment