1.22.2010

Halloween 2009

Okay, I'm really not that behind. I understand Halloween was several months ago, but I'm catching up quick! I had to get new blank page protectors for my 2008/2009 scrapbook in order to finish up the year. I have my new 2010 scrapbook already, and have finished a layout for it as well, which I will post soon. Meantime back to Halloween.

Pumpkin Carving at home, very messy, lots of fun. Vinnie wanted to use the carving knife and cut up the whole pumpkin, but he didn't want anything to do with cleaning out the inside of the pumpkin.

Halloween! We all got dressed up as Star Wars characters. I got a costume magazine a while back and Vinnie was looking at the costumes and as soon as he saw Jango Fett he declared it his costume. So Andy and I dressed up to match, I was Princess Leia (in case you didn't catch that with the buns and all), and Andy was Han Solo.


*On a scrapbooking side note, I went a little overboard with the embellishments, but I couldn't help myself, I had so many fun products to use, and they're all pretty much the same color, so nothing stands out too much, and I like how it turned out.

We went over to Andy's parents house. Their block was packed with kids and decked out houses, and three blocks turned out to be the perfect amount of trick-or-treating ground for Vinnie.

At first Vinnie was not into the Trick-or-treating. He's shy and had no interest in talking to strangers, so he sat on the step and pouted. I told him that he could have one candy bar (one of the little ones), but he had to go up to the next house. He ate two bites, then I held onto it while he went to the next house. Once he got some sugar in him and realized that he would get more candy bars, which he never actually ate any of after the fact, he was all about the trick-or-treating. Some houses were really scary, so we walked up a bit with him.

Every house he knocked on the door and said "Trick-or-treat" then once he got his candy we told him to say "Happy Halloween", kept having to remind him, but it was pretty good at it.

No comments: