12.30.2007

we're on a roll

I'm excited to see that our blog's on a roll. =o)

A couple things...in that very last post of yours...with the pic of you & your sis...is that her face on her shirt? Cause from the scrunchie side angle, it totally looks like her. =o)

Secondly, it makes me really happy that you see me as someone that always is strong in what my opinions are. I try to be, and it's been something I've constantly struggled with moving up here. I guess maybe it's one of those things I just need to re-evaluate and mark down as 'something I do' rather than 'something I'm learning to do'. =o)

Today I played Scrabble with a friend of mine that I haven't really talked to much in about a year. This last year has been pretty different for me. There's a lot of things I tried, and a lot of constants I purposely tried mixing up and changing. And as a result, the year flew by. It's weird to think about the person I was a year ago. I feel like I've learned SO much about myself, about what I want, and about the things that really matter to me. It's interesting to look at all that I've had this past year, and what's stuck through and lasted, and what's gone by the wayside.

I have a feeling this next year will be a big year for me. A good year. Where finally I can start building on things. I don't feel like I'm flitting between different things, searching for a path as much anymore. The road's definitely not laid out in concrete yet, but I feel like this past year has been a lot of trailblazing, and I'm just getting to the part where I can start to see the clearing.

But yeah, back to today. And scrabble. It was a ton of fun. And we sat there for 5 hours, and just talked. Told stories. Got to know each other again. No games. No pretenses. No awkward pauses. Or interrogation date questions. Just telling stories. And hopes. And dreams. Sipping our coffees. Watching the clouds move out the window. And pointing out the cool colors as they passed. Even getting up to go out on the patio at one point to see the colors better. (Until we realized that blue skies in Seattle means it's freezing out, haha)

Here's to 2007 and all the experiences I'll have in 2008! I can't wait. =o)

1 comment:

Katie Pie said...

my sis' shirt is a pic of barbie :P